Triumph TR3 optional radio
Radios were a dealer installed option. Most of the time
the dealer followed the manufacturer's installation instructions,
occasionally they put things where the buyer/owner wanted it.
The installation instructions
specify a standard aerial mounting location. Sometimes
the buy/owner specifies a different installation location.
A few years back someone was nice enough to send me an Acrobat
pdf file that includes a number of Smiths
Radiomobile instruction and installation manuals. (WARNING:
This is a 12 Meg PDF file, It will take a lot of time
to download) A
dimensioned drawing for the radio mounting consul is included
in this file. Some of
the material is owned by the person who sent the pdf file to
me (Sorry I forgot who it was) and part comes from the July 1988
Triumph National Newsletter.
- Smiths Radiomobile Owners manual ETM50 (Aug. 1959)
- Installation Instructions F/ST11(Feb. 1959)
- Supplement Installation Instructions F/ST11/S (April 1959)
for post-TS60000 Triumph TR3A.
- Installation instructions F/GI-05 (Oct. 1962)
- Dimensioned drawing of radio/speaker mounts.
- Mounting instructions F/CI-05 (July 1961)
A couple pictures of a version that used a
PYE radio and slightly different mounting:
Notice mounting is by sheet metal screws through
angled lower counsel side flange
Return to page top